All week I have talked about lessening our consumption to save money and the planet. Here a few more ideas to help…
- Hitch hike. Not only will you save money, gas, emissions, ect, but you may also make a new friend, and if we all get together, how happy we would be.
- Dumpster-dive for at least one meal a week. You’d be saving money, time, and space in your local landfill.
- Watch TV at a friend’s house. They’re going to be watching it anyway, so why not share. And if you hitch hike, you’d be consuming even less. Better take some of that Dumpster take-out with you – you wouldn’t want to show up empty handed.
- Trade clothes with a friend. You’d both be getting all-new outfits for free, and who doesn’t like free. You could even do this during commercials when you go over to watch TV.
- Cut down on showers. If you only take one shower a week, then you’d be using 1/7 of the energy you spend in a normal week. Think how low your water and energy bills will be! Make that one shower a cold one, and you can save even more! I’m not sure what’s more invigorating – the cold water, or the cold-hard cash in my wallet. Cha-Ching!